About

Cat lady, comedy lover, freelance copywriter, advertising student, entertainment enthusiast. I like to think I'm punk rock but I'm not.

Friday 24 January 2014

Ad of the Week



This week I thought I would choose a little bit of a serious Ad of the Week. I've chosen the #TimeToTalk campaign by Time To Change, an organisation run by charities Mind and Rethink. Mental health is an issue that does affect people I know so it's really nice to see a proper ad for it being shown on TV (I can't find the TV ad online anywhere though).

The idea behind the campaign is super simple, all it says is that if you know someone who has mental health issues, you should talk to them. Easy as that. Ask them how they are, the same as you would with someone who has a physical illness. It's simple, effective, plays on an emotional selling point, which I always think works great, and it raises awareness for something so often stigmatised that really shouldn't be. 

I'm happy to see adverts like this, it doesn't guilt you, it simply informs you on ways you can help someone who is suffering from mental illness, which is a good message to give.

http://www.time-to-change.org.uk

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment