About

Cat lady, comedy lover, freelance copywriter, advertising student, entertainment enthusiast. I like to think I'm punk rock but I'm not.

Friday 31 January 2014

Ad of the Week



So, it's nearly the Super Bowl, and of course, nearly time for the halftime adverts. So this week I've chosen, you guessed it, a Super Bowl advert! This offering is from Jaguar, created by Spark 44, and personally I think it's great. Car adverts so often bore me half to death, they're all the same! And while this one doesn't stray away from the analogy angle so many car adverts take, it does it really well.

We're in the age of the anti-hero, these days the baddies in films are often more popular than the goodies, and with the likes of Benedict Cumberbatch, and Tom Hiddleston (who features in the ad) getting a lot of love in the States, it's no coincidence that this advert has come about now. It's certainly very clever, very well done, and if I'm honest I would 100% go and see a film with Tom Hiddleston, Ben Kingsley and Mark Strong all playing those classic British villains. The only thing, however, is that the car it's actually advertising gets a little lost. Apparently it's the F-type coupe, which I had to look up myself! Still, I suppose if you know it's for Jaguar, that's probably enough!

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment