About

Cat lady, comedy lover, freelance copywriter, advertising student, entertainment enthusiast. I like to think I'm punk rock but I'm not.

Friday 31 January 2014

Artist of the Month - Radkey

Radkey are a punky trio of brothers from America, I first heard them earlier this month and quickly went to iTunes to download everything they had. I will say that they're not going to be for everyone, if you have a penchant for pop then they probably won't be for you, but if punk or hardcore is up your street then you just might like them.





The band is made up of Dee Radke (guitar, vocals), Isaiah Radke (bass, vocals) and Solomon Radke (drums). They are very young, aged between 16 and 20, which makes their music and achievements (playing Download Festival and just about to embark on a headline UK tour) even more impressive! Their sound isn't clean or perfect, but that's the point. They're punchy, the sort of band you would want to see in a tiny, dark, sweaty basement venue somewhere but sometimes they are the best gigs.
They certainly don't sound as young as they are, I've read Dee's vocals be compared to Dave Vanian of The Damned, and Glenn Danzig of Misfits, which I bet they'd be pretty pleased to hear!




My favourite song: Start Freaking Out




0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment