About

Cat lady, comedy lover, freelance copywriter, advertising student, entertainment enthusiast. I like to think I'm punk rock but I'm not.

Friday 28 February 2014

Ad of the Week




This week I was going to try and stray from the usual TV ads I've been picking, but then I saw an advert that I just had to pick. It's the new advert for mobile network 3, created by Wieden & Kennedy (a dab hand at making excellent cat-based adverts (see Cravendale's Cats With Thumbs campaign)).

In Britain, our mobile networks have all taken a similar approach to their advertising over the past year. A mobile network was become such a standard thing people have, and they all offer largely the same things, so they've all gone for humour to sell themselves. Vodafone have Yoda, EE have Kevin Bacon, and 3 have a small ginger-haired girl dramatically miming along to We Built This City by Starship with a small cat (who also sings along, why not). It's a fantastic advert because it's memorable. Of course, ideally 3 would like more customers from it, but because you find yourself singing the song or just having a little smile to yourself when you remember the cat, it works. 

So you go, #SingItKitty!

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment