About

Cat lady, comedy lover, freelance copywriter, advertising student, entertainment enthusiast. I like to think I'm punk rock but I'm not.

Monday 17 February 2014

My BAFTAs Blog

Last night was my favourite awards show. I know it's not the biggest but I like it because it celebrates British cinema as well as international. I'd been waiting all day for it, I even went out and got some popcorn and some chocolate!

Stephen Fry did a great job hosting as he does every year. That's another thing I love about it, the British sense of humour, and Tinie Tempah high-fiving Prince William (although Prince William didn't look so thrilled).



The big winner of the night was Gravity, I think it came as a surprise to most. I read why it was nominated for Outstanding British Film due to the most of the people in production being British and all the effects were made here, which I suppose is fair. I think everyone expected 12 Years A Slave to be a runaway winner though, I definitely expected Steve McQueen to get Best Director.

I was happy to see Cate Blanchett get best actress, I haven't seen Blue Jasmine yet but it's on my list for when it's out on DVD. I think people were also surprised that Lupita Nyong'o (12 Years A Slave) didn't get Supporting Actress, especially when Barkhad Abdi (Captain Phillips) won Supporting Actor, I was sure they would celebrate such great performances from new actors, but instead Jennifer Lawrence won it, but I'm sure she's a worthy winner, especially after getting the Oscar last year she clearly is very talented.

Don't mind me sneaking a picture of Tom Hardy in here, any excuse.
I don't think anyone was surprised to see Chiwetel Ejiofor get Best Actor, and even though I know a lot of people were rooting for Leonardo DiCaprio , I think Ejiofor deserved it, it can't be easy placing yourself in the shoes of a man who went through so much suffering.

As for the fashion-side of things, I have to admit my favourites were two that the "fashion police" might not really enjoy. I loved Angelina Jolie's tux, and Ruth Wilson's glamorous suit. As for dresses, I did like Cate Blanchett in Alexander McQueen, and as always Lupita Nyong'o looked stunning in her bright green dress.



Next up, the big one! I'll try watch the Oscars this year, but might not be able to stay up for the livestream!


0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment