About

Cat lady, comedy lover, freelance copywriter, advertising student, entertainment enthusiast. I like to think I'm punk rock but I'm not.

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Fall Out Boy - Manchester 17/03/2014

On Monday I went to Manchester to see my old favourite band, Fall Out Boy. Between the ages of 13 and 16 they were my absolute favourites, so of course I was going, even if they aren't my favourite band anymore.


The support acts were New Politics and The Pretty Reckless. New Politics were definitely more of the genre, The Pretty Reckless were good, however I felt they weren't the right band to support Fall Out Boy, a bit too heavy! The crowd were quite unsure what to do. The crowd were also much younger than I had anticipated, when I saw them live the last time (2009) most of the crowd were my age, so I assumed that 5 years later, the old fans would be back, but I was quite wrong! This became fairly obvious when they played Grand Theft Autumn acoustically and definitely not everyone was singing! 

Some technical issues after the first two songs were also a bit of a hiccup! The sound cut out entirely, Patrick tried to play Chicago Is So Two Years Ago without any mic, I assume in the hopes that the crowd would start singing along, but then I bet none of them knew that one! But once the sound came back the show continued without a hiccup.

They did put on a good show, I feel that their messages were wasted on a lot of people. They were trying to celebrate artists that were really influential but I'm not sure the crowd was up to speed with some of them.

All in all though, they were lots of fun, and that's really all you need from a gig!


0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment