About

Cat lady, comedy lover, freelance copywriter, advertising student, entertainment enthusiast. I like to think I'm punk rock but I'm not.

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Tyneside Mind Benefit - The Stand

On Sunday, I went out with my housemates to The Stand Comedy club. It's definitely one of my favourite places in Newcastle and I never turn down a chance to visit. I suggested going because one of my housemates does a placement at Tyneside Mind, who were holding a fundraising event. Live comedy is great, and while not for everyone, I've never not had a good night out watching it.

The comedians on were Lauren Pattison, Hal Branson, Stephen Frizzle, Rob Gilroy, Seymour Mace and the compere was Mat Reed. I've only seen Mat Reed before out of the lot, so that was great to see some new acts. They were all very funny, a real mix of styles too which is always so welcome! And the best bit was that £1167 was raised for Tyneside Mind!

I would definitely say that if you live in an area with a local comedy club, go down, chances are it'll be a great night!

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment