About

Cat lady, comedy lover, freelance copywriter, advertising student, entertainment enthusiast. I like to think I'm punk rock but I'm not.

Friday 7 February 2014

Ad of the Week


So the Super Bowl has been and gone, and to pay a little tribute to those huge adverts, this weeks Ad of the Week is the non-Super Bowl advert from Newcastle Brown Ale, created by Droga5. It's a pretty genius way of advertising really. An advert all dressed up as not an advert at all, starring a popular actress (Anna Kendrick) and sent viral.

By using an American actress and making it central to the Super Bowl, or should that be S****r B**l , it reaches a new demographic for brand. In England, a lot of people have heard of Brown Ale, but I don't know how popular it is in America, so it's a great way to get the brand out there.
The advert's tagline - "No Bollocks" sums up the advert, the brand, and the place it was born. I live in Newcastle, I can vouch for this.

I just think it's an incredibly clever way of creating a whole campaign without even having to put it on TV.

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment